VW Touareg

Late last night we were coming home along the ********* bypass approaching a set of lights when we were overtaken first by the above, closely followed by a new Porsche Turbo. They were obviously racing but unfortunately had to pull up at the lights. The road is dual carriage and I was on the inside lane and thought it rather strange the VW pulled across in front of me letting the Porsche line up on the outside.

Yes, we witnessed a drag start on red orange and the VW beat the Porsche away for the first 150/200 metres or so. But continued to match his speed for a mile until out of our sight. Now the Touareg is much larger and heavier vehicle so we were highly impressed with its power.

so I just had to look it up when home............it could only have been the

5 litre V10 TDi

where and from what did that engine evolve..................

Reply to
tpow