158 MPG after 5 tanks and 8,700 miles

Our first year of Prius Prime ownership: o 8,700 miles o 5 tanks, 11 gal each, 55 gal total o 158 MPG (~1/3d gas and 2/3 electric)
To go 100 miles, it cost:
o gas: $3.99 / 100 mi o electric: $2.50 / 100 mi
However 1/3d of the electric miles are from free chargers at local merchant s. They don't offer free gas the net electric cost:
o electric: $1.65 / 100 mi
We replaced a 2010 Prius to get Toyota Safety Sense P (TSS-P) which is stan dard on our 2017 Prius Prime. TSS-P gives us dynamic cruise control, automa tic collision avoidance, and lane departure alerts. We also got a $4,500 ta x credit along with $1,000 credit for adding a home charger. So our Prius P rime was quite affordable. We also got $8,000 for the 2010 Prius.
Our other car is a used 2014 BMW i3-REx that we bought six months earlier t o replace our 2003 Prius. It also has dynamic cruise control and automatic collision braking. With 168 hp, rear wheel drive on a carbon fiber body, it is our pocket rocket with over 20,000 miles we've put on it. Not quite as efficient as the Prius Prime:
o gas: $6.24 / 100 mi o electric: $2.90 / 100 mi
Based on electric range, we use the Prius Prime for 3 stop trips and the BM W for 10 stops. But if we need to go further, the engine comes on and no pr oblem or delay.
Chevy, FCA, Ford, Honda, and Hyundai have hybrids and plug-in hybrids. So f ar only Toyota and Honda have standard dynamic cruise control, collision av oidance, and lane assist. For those who like a stepped transmission, get a Hyundai hybrid or plugin hybrid.
So how are sales for November 2017:
4,787 - Prius hybrid 4,349 - RAV4 hybrid 3,798 - Transit diesel 3,541 - Fusion hybrid 2,987 - Bolt EV 2,703 - Camry hybrid 2,235 - Niro hybrid 1,834 - Prius Prime
These buyers voted with their pocketbook. If skeptics don't like to see the m, they can close their eyes and make everyone happy. But it is so gay to c are about sheet metal art and so effeminate to gossip about it. In contrast , the green eye shade Prius and efficient car owners pocket their savings w hile passing the gas station addicts.
Bob Wilson