Dead 12V battery

When went to the car this evening, I found that the 12V battery was dead, and the car was unlocked.

The headlights were turned off, and the SE/SS fob was more than 30 feet from the car. It had not been driven since Thursday or Friday afternoon, but I've let it sit longer than that without the battery going dead before.

Toyota roadside assistance is sending someone to give me a jump start; he should be here in about forty-five minutes.

I have an appointment with the dealer at 9 am tomorrow to get the new DVD installed; I'll mention it to the service advisor when I get there.

Reply to
Michelle Steiner

Apparently what happened is that

  1. I left the garage door open.
  2. I left the car unlocked.
  3. Someone turned a dome light on. After the car was jump started, and all the doors closed, the rear dome light was on, but the front dome light (between the map lights) was off.

*sigh*

Reply to
Michelle Steiner