How green is Toyota?

Hey gang,

I just posted this at a.a.toyota, but I felt like it warranted a posting here:

I'm working on drawing some attention to an issue I thought Toyota owners might be interested in.

It seems like Toyota has joined the Alliance of Automobile Manufacturers (including BMW Group, Daimler Chrysler, Ford Motor Company, General Motors, Mazda, Mitsubishi Motors, Porsche and Volkswagen of America) in opposing strong fuel efficiency standards (35mpg by 2020). This is really off base for Toyota, who has a 55mpg record right now, and is selling themselves as THE green car company. You can read more about it in a couple of places:

On our website you can read the story, and send an email to the new President of Toyota North America, asking him to support stronger standards.

Or you can read our blog post and leave comments here:

And, if you'd like to help out a little more you can Digg the story here:

Many thanks for your attention to this issue!

Reply to
Apollo Gonzales

Hmmmmm.

Now, I haven't paid a bit of attention to this issue whatsoever.

But the first thing that comes to my poor little southern mind is "bull shit".

Oh, not that there's not a story there--but that the story you tell is bullshit.

I've no doubt that Toyota is opposed to GOVERNMENT INTERFERENCE in MANDATING how they do business.

But against fuel efficiency? Nope.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty