How green is Toyota?

Hey gang,
First time poster here, I'm working on drawing some attention to an issue I thought Toyota owners might be interested in.
It seems like Toyota has joined the Alliance of Automobile Manufacturers (including BMW Group, Daimler Chrysler, Ford Motor Company, General Motors, Mazda, Mitsubishi Motors, Porsche and Volkswagen of America) in opposing strong fuel efficiency standards (35mpg by 2020). This is really off base for Toyota, who has a 55mpg record right now, and is selling themselves as THE green car company. You can read more about it in a couple of places:
On our website you can read the story, and send an email to the new President of Toyota North America, asking him to support stronger standards.
http://beyondoil.nrdc.org/news/toyota.php
Or you can read our blog post and leave comments here:
http://switchboard.nrdc.org/blogs/dlovaas/how_green_is_toyota.html
And, if you'd like to help out a little more you can Digg the story here:
http://digg.com/environment/How_Green_Is_Toyota /
Many thanks for your attention to this issue!
In message Apollo Gonzales sprach forth the following:

Do you bwant a car made of papier mache? I do not.