HYBRIDS HERE TO STAY

Yeah. Must be all that fresh spam and marmite on the Oz market:

Reply to
News

So you call Diesel petrol and you call petrol gas? Any other basic concepts you get so screwed up?

Reply to
Knobdoodle

How about justice, as in the kind of "putting people in prison for years until you can think of something to charge them with" type of justice?

-- Regards, Noddy.

Reply to
Noddy

YOU'RE the ones who get it all screwed up. Petroleum is the base from which gas is derived.

Imagine calling what you put in the car "petrol". Fucked up, indeed.

Lifts, fags, apples and pears...man, how f***ed up can you be.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

What do they call gas?

Reply to
Barry OGrady

We have unique names for each petroleum distillate. In some cased the names we use are different from the names you use. Only a buffoon would find this strange given our planet's numerous languages and dialects.

Reply to
Was Istoben

At Luddenham near Campbelltown along Northern Road.??

Reply to
Qanset

The yanks refer to Petrol as gasoline

Reply to
Qanset

That would actually be crude oil, I don't see the markets talking about the price for barrels of "petroleum".

If you call petrol (which is a liquid) gas what do you call anything that really is a gas? Liquid Petroleum Gas (LPG) is popular in Australia and in many other parts of the world as a vehicle fuel, a term like LPG must confuse the hell out of you if you call a liquid gas:-) BTW its a liquid under pressure when stored in a tank but is a gas when released into the atmosphere so hence the name.

Daryl

Reply to
D Walford

Gas is short for gasoline, and we understand context of conversation--so it's never an issue.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

It'd make for better TV....

-- Regards, Noddy.

Reply to
Noddy

Diesel Electric trains have been around for yonks. The BIG diesel engines drives BIG generators that supply electricity to the BIG electric motors on the BIG wheels of the BIG trains.

Hope that helps and informs.

Roger/Davo

Reply to
Roger/DAVO

UH OOHH! Put your flame suit on buddy.

Roger/Davo

Reply to
Roger/DAVO

It's just plain bloody stupid calling gasoline "gas".

Roger/Davo

Reply to
Roger/DAVO

Apples and pears...

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

To an American.

Stupid as shit on a stick to anyone else.

-- Regards, Noddy.

Reply to
Noddy

what an idiot you are.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

Irony is an incredible thing.

-- Regards, Noddy.

Reply to
Noddy

Only in America!

========="Christians, it is needless to say, utterly detest each other. They slander each other constantly with the vilest forms of abuse and cannot come to any sort of agreement in their teachings. Each sect brands its own, fills the head of its own with deceitful nonsense, and makes perfect little pigs of those it wins over to its side." [R.J.Hoffmann]

Reply to
Barry OGrady