Toyota Throttle Electronics Easily Confused

As I recall they pinned it on the pedal config and changed that. I didn't follow it closely, though I think the mess was initiated here in Chicago when a woman came roaring out of a parking garage and ran over some people. Never cared about getting an Audi anyway. And I probably will never own a Toyota, but this is much bigger news so it's hard to not know something about it. Beside that, it's got me looking into what they're doing with this drive by wire stuff, which isn't Toyota specific. And I notice the EPS problems aren't limited to Toyota, and there are a lot of Cobalt complaints. My wife wanted a Cobalt as her next car, and now maybe I can talk her into something else without electronic control into throttle and steering. If such a beast will even exist when I'm ready.

--Vic

Reply to
Vic Smith

ultimately I think we will all be in electric cars, even performance cars. So most likely everything will be electrically driven.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

Oh, WeLLLLLLL, I do declare, /I/ have!

If I remember correctly, I believe it can, and has been attributed to rusted throttle cables. And, would you believe, it happens a bit here in the Northeast.

And your logic is fuzzy as well.

Reply to
Hachiroku

In message , Vic Smith writes

I wouldn't have thought that any new car with cable control would pass emissions regulations.

Reply to
Clive