US 2006 Prius Specifications

I found this buried at the Toyota Pressroom, from 9/12/2005:

PRIUS SPECIFICATIONS

ENGINE Gasoline Engine Type

4-cylinder aluminum double overhead cam (DOHC) 16-valve VVT-i Bore and Stroke 2.95 x 3.33 inches Displacement 1,497 cc Expansion Ratio 13.0:1 Valve Train 4-valve/cylinder with VVT-I Horsepower (SAE Net) 76 horsepower @ 5,000 rpm Hybrid System Net Horsepower 110 horsepower Torque 82 lb-ft @ 4,200 rpm Recommended Fuel 87-octane unleaded Emission Control SULEV (with AT-PZEV)

ELECTRIC MOTOR/GENERATOR/POWER STORAGE Motor Type Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motor Electric Motor Power Output

50 kW/1,200 .1,540 RPM Torque 295 lb.-ft. @ 0-1,200 RPM Battery Type Nickel-Metal Hydride Nominal Voltage 201.6 V (168 1.2V cells ) Transmission Electronically controlled continuously variable transmission Capacity 6.5 amperehour Battery Peak Horsepower Rating 28 System Voltage 500 volts maximum

SUSPENSION Front Independent MacPherson strut suspension with stabilizer bar Rear Torsion Beam with stabilizer bar

BRAKES Front Ventilated front disc (hydraulic with power assist) with standard Anti-Lock Brake (ABS) system and integrated regenerative brake system Front Diameter

10.0 inch Rotor 8.1 inch braking pitch diameter Rear Drum (hydraulic with power assist) with standard Anti-lock Brake System (ABS) and integrated regenerative brake system Rear Diameter 7.87 inches Parking Pedal brake

STEERING Type Electric power-assist rack-and-pinion Turning circle

34.1 Feet curb-to-curb

TIRES AND WHEELS Wheel size

6JJ x 15 inches Type and Material Aluminum Alloy Tire Size P185/65R15 Tire Type All-Season Spare Temporary

CAPACITIES Fuel Tank

11.9 gallons

EXTERIOR DIMENSIONS (inches) Wheelbase

106.3 Overall Length 175.0 Overall Width 67.9 Overall Height 58.1 Tread Width 59.3/58.3 Front/Rear Minimum Ground Clearance 4.9 Coefficient of Drag 0.26

INTERIOR DIMENSIONS (inches) Headroom (front/rear)

39.1/37.1 Legroom (front/rear) 41.9/38.6 Shoulder Room (front/rear) 55.3/53.0 Hip Room (front/rear) 51.0/51.6 EPA Passenger Volume 96.2 cubic feet EPA Cargo Volume 16.1 cubic feet

EPA ESTIMATED FUEL ECONOMY (mpg) City/highway/combined

60/51/55

VEHICLE MASS (lbs) Curb Weight

2,890

SAFETY AND SECURITY FEATURES Driver and front passenger advanced airbags, available front side airbags and front and rear side curtain airbags Complimentary 3-year/36,000-mile Roadside Assistance Coverage Side-impact door beams Front and rear energy-absorbing crumple zones Three-point front seatbelts with pretensioners and force limiters, ALR/ELR retractors on all passenger seatbelts, three-point seatbelts in all five seating positions Anti-Lock Brakes (ABS) Standard regenerative Anti-lock Brake System Rear seat CRS top tether anchor brackets and lower anchor point attachments Adjustable front seatbelt shoulder anchors Child-protector rear door locks Internal trunk-release handle

BASIC LIMITED WARRANTY COVERAGE

3-year/36,000-mile Comprehensive 5-year/60,000-mile Powertrain 5-year/unlimited-mileage Corrosion Perforation 8-year/100,000-mile Hybrid-related Component Coverage
Reply to
mrv

ha scritto nel messaggio news: snipped-for-privacy@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...

This is for the new 2006 model, but the surprising thing for me is that the 2005 model sold in Italy -- and the rest of Europe, I think -- has no rear drum brakes but rear disc brakes. Just visit

FRENI Anteriori: Disco, autoventilanti Posteriori: Disco Controllo frenata: ABS + EBD + BA (Translation: BRAKES Front: Disk, ventilated Rear: Disk Braking controls: ABS + EBD + BA)

and compare to

Brakes Power-assisted ventilated front disc/rear drum with Anti-lock Brake System (ABS) and integrated regenerative braking

Just to clear any doubt I personally checked my Prius: front and rear disk brakes.

Diako

Reply to
Diako