What should one expect to pay for the 5000 mile service?

The OEM tires are covered for replacement, as are the OEM wheels. There are dollar limits on the wheels and tires, but I had a tire replaced at no cost to me a year or so ago.

Reply to
Michelle Steiner

Well, THAT'S good to know. I was going to bring the literature in with me today, but instead just sat in the car trying to figure out whether the mirrors are heated....

Reply to
Jean B.

Well, you really lucked out--x2! I am most envious!

Reply to
Jean B.

But wait - there's more! They also provide a free loaner car when you're having major service done, and that includes the larger scheduled maintenances such as 30K.

Oh, and they threw in a set of ginso knives because I ordered before midnight.

Okay, I'm kidding about that last one.

Reply to
Mike Rosenberg

"Bill" wrote

I took your suggestion and checked the oil level. It was ~ 1/8" above the full hole. The dealer's bill charged me for 4 quarts.

Is this excessive? Is this a serious issue? I will call the dealer and ask. What are the experiences of others?

Al

Reply to
A Sherman

From the 2005 manual, page 286: "Avoid overfilling or the hybrid system could be damaged" and from page 314 the capacity is 3.9 quarts with filter,

3.6 quarts without filter. If they changed the filter it would be slightly overfilled, if they didn't it would be considerably overfilled. Glad you brought this up because mine was considerably overfilled (about 3/8" on the stick) so perhaps they didn't even bother changing the filter.
Reply to
Bill