Altering Prius Software?

I've seen various add-ons for the Prius that seem to be modifying the software that drives the display screen. Has Toyota published the specs of this software, to allow people to modify it, or is this just people reverse-engineering the existing code?

I wouldn't dream of messing with a lot of the computers in the car, but if there's a system that just drives the display screen, it seems like you could mess with that without endangering yourself ...

Thanks! Chris

Reply to
Chris Shearer Cooper

Where have you seen that? I've seen hardware add ons that change the input to the display screen, but that's about it.

Reply to
Michelle Steiner

I thought I saw one that displayed a different type of information for a specific audio system ... but I may be confused.

What have you seen in the way of "hardware add ons that change the input to the display screen"?

Thanks! Chris

Reply to
Chris Shearer Cooper

Satellite radio receivers. The motion detector bypass that lets you input data into the navigation system while the car is in motion.

Reply to
Michelle Steiner