1995 9000CD Elec Dist Box 22B Help Please

Where is this box, which supposedly houses the relay that switches off the cooling fan when the ignition is switched off? I have a UK right hand drive model. The diagram I've seen says it's behind the glovebox, but mine doesn't have a glovebox, the space being taken up by the passenger airbag.

Where oh where can that dist box be? (The document I refer to above can be found at

)

Reply to
The Goatboy

The early 9000 models had all the relays on the top of the fuse panel that was in the glovebox. As the years went by and equipment was added, auxiliary relay boxes were added under the hood/bonnet. On my 1991 model, the fan relay is clearly marked in a box that is between the left headlight and the windscreen washer fluid bottle. Give a look there. If not, drop the fuse panel, which I believe was relocated under the passenger airbag and you will find more relays there. Saab puts a chart nearby to indicate the function of the relays. I hope this helps.

Walt Kienzle

1991 9000T
Reply to
Walt Kienzle

box, which supposedly houses the relay that switches off

Thanks Walt, I shall recommence my search for this most elusive electromagnetic entity of Scandinavian origin, based upon your excellent advice.

Regards

Stewart

Reply to
The Goatboy

Yes, in my 1995 LHD 9000, there is a relay "warehouse" located on top of the assembly that holds the fuses.

It is below the passenger airbag which is now installed the glovebox used to be on the earlier models.

I don't know if the fan relay is in there or not, the flasher relay is - which I know since I had to replace it a few years ago.

The relay panel and fusebox in the newer models with airbags are pretty much the same configuration as the earlier, pre-airbag scenario was - e.g. on my '91 9kT, with the exception that they have been relocated down below the airbag/previous glovebox location instead of being up under the top of the dash inside the glovebox. It is a little more awkward to get to and you will have to fiddle with some of the carpeted trim pieces to get access to the securing screws, if I remember correctly, but not to difficult to deal with.

Reply to
bozo

Many thanks Mr Bozo,

I shall leave no fuse unturned in my quest to discover the hidey-hole of this most sequestered of Nordic electromechanical thingies, which apparently, is failing its responsibility of controlling the operation of yet another electromagnetic thing from above the Artic circle.

Regards

Stewart

Reply to
The Goatboy