9-5 clutch life

I have a 2001 9-5 Aero with 135K miles on the clock and it still has the or iginal clutch. Ive heard various stories that the average life is about 90K
or so and the usually self destructs. I know one guy that has a '99 Vigen with 165K on the original so that does give me some hope. The pro-active si de would suggest to just replace it but the wallet side says to squeeze eve ry mile out of it.
Any thoughts or experiences?
On Thursday, March 6, 2014 11:05:47 AM UTC-5, snipped-for-privacy@pacbell.net wrote:

original clutch. Ive heard various stories that the average life is about 9 0K or so and the usually self destructs. I know one guy that has a '99 Vige n with 165K on the original so that does give me some hope. The pro-active side would suggest to just replace it but the wallet side says to squeeze e very mile out of it.

'99 9-3 with 275k, original clutch, no slipping whatsoever. Currently fight ing body rust, but otherwise still fun to drive!
Ben