9-5 estate

Hi all;

I've posted here before about the anticipated woes of buying a 900 cabriolet. However, I've decided to take the plunge, be sensible, and get a

9-5 estate. It's a late 2000 'W' plate and seems to have been well looked after. The *excellent* garage (A&A Brooke Saab, Rossett) have included the 102,000 mile service in the purchase.

It's the 2.3t model. slight puff of smoke on startup, nil else. Any horror stories to report on this particular model? Any feedback would be very gratefully received, as I don't exchange until mid-next week.

Thanks again,

Chris

Reply to
vox

If the smoke is white, then you should check if the turbocharger needs replacing. Saab did have a bad batch (I got one of them, replaced under warranty) but I thought it was fixed by the 2000 model. Only other typical problem with the 9-5 I know of is the SID display losing pixels (mine did - again replaced under warranty) - so check that the displays are OK. Don't think you will regret the 9-5, I love mine.

--=20 Regards, Peter Wilkins

Reply to
Peter Wilkins