9-5 Heater Box Flap

I am helping my father purchase a used 9-5 and today we drove a 2000

9-5 with the dreaded heater flap problem.

I thought this mainly only affected MY99 and older, not true?

Needless to say we walked away from this particular Saab. Saad to see a Saab in such bad shape for only 64k.

Reply to
Saab Guy

What's that, exactly? Does it involve cold air when one should have hot, by any chance?

Reply to
Dave Hinz

That's the one.

Reply to
Saab Guy

Hm, got that on my '99 9-5. Any suggestions on how I can fix it?

Dave

Reply to
Dave Hinz

This is becoming a bit of a theme; as I had something of the same problem, I've been noticing it on a few occasions. The job involved in dismantling the ducting and replacing flaps etc. has been mentioned earlier, and sounded to agree with the SAAB dealer's assessment of more than 5 hours work, and probably 2 days working at home. It involved removal of front seats, console, dash etc to get at the bits in question. It can be done however... but not yet by me personally.

Good luck Bill Rule

Reply to
Bill Rule