bad drivetrain sounds (c900)

After driving around for awhile, I have observed that: A. the noise is not getting any worse, and B. the car still drives/shifts perfectly. So I have decided to ignore the noise for the time being, at least until it gets noticably worse or the gearbox explodes, whichever comes first.

John

Reply to
John B

In summertime, that's a perfectly fine plan far as I'm concerned. Winter, not so much...

Dave

Reply to
Dave Hinz

in article slrne9e04v.3oj.rotten_NOSPAM snipped-for-privacy@oragam.example.com, John B at rotten_NOSPAM snipped-for-privacy@ccil.org wrote on 19/06/2006 19:56:

Hi John - If you're sure it's down to the gearbox now, try Honda MTF oil. You'll be amazed at the difference anyway ... It comes highly recommended by many C900 pilots.

Paul

1989 900 Turbo S
Paul Halliday

Thanks, noted. Already running synthetic MTF though- BG SynchroShift

John

Reply to
John B