Check Engine in Saab 900II 2.3

Since a few month my check engine lamp glow.

The first pit stop was at a saab dealer. He wants to change imediatly the motronic. First of all I drive to a Bosch garage. Here they change my "oxygen sensor" (in german Luftmassenmesser) and my "lamda" sensor. Without a success. In the second try they change the motronic with a interchangeable part from the Bosch factory (much cheaper as a new one), but also without a success. Now my original motronic is in my car. Then they found a leak between engine (Zylinderkopf) and oxygen input. but also wihtout a success.

The reason codes means "additive mixture" (additives Gemisch). The mechanic says there is to much air in the mixture, but he has no idea where it comes from.

The car drives fine, and often, when the car is in a traffic jam the lamp disappears.

Has anybody the same symptomes?

Greetings Mario Lange

Reply to
Mario Lange

Others who are more knowledgeable than I will advise you. However, from my experience with a 1996 900 SE, I would suggest buying a new gas cap and fitting it. It doesn't cost much, and it could be the source of your problems.

Reply to
Kenneth S.