I want to beat a Saab engineer to death with a blunt spanner...

I'm familiar with the Citroen Hydrophenumatic system, I built a rather nippy BX 16V, I think you'd have liked it if you like your cit's. Hydraulic systems are a bit different to gearboxes. As I've said above purely IMHO I wouldn't use it.

TBH as you don't want it spitting the contents of the gearbox onto the floor I'd say it was worth doing, 14quids worth of Semi-Synth Rover MTF and that includes a spare half litre bottle just in case ;-).

Cheers Matt

Reply to
**-**

I'd take that as good advice Adrian - Matt's probably got more experience of blowing up C900 boxes than the rest of us put together.

Reply to
Grunff

Not only C900 boxes ;-) Theres an X-Track 6 Speed sequential box in my workshop with half the side casing missing. Don't know which was more painful, hearing it go bang or working out how much a replacement was going to cost us LOL.

Matt

Reply to
**-**

BTW, spot the extra letters then guess how many Stella's I've had this evening ;-)

Reply to
**-**

Hi,

My 9000 86 Turbo lets me go in from the top of the engine by snaking my arm down between the fire wall and the engine and untwist from there. There is oil spill due to canted angle and an old towel placed underneath the filter helps that one. I have just enough room to stick finger in filter threads to pull it straight up between engine and firewall without further spillage. New filter goes back in the same way. Only time on the ground is spent doing pan bolt and oil drain pan insertion and removal. But my arms are skinny!

Mike

cs wrote:

Reply to
Michael W. Pioso