New Saab CEO sees 2010 sales doubling

Zweef

And according to DEKRA in germany it is one of the most reliable cars:

Well, it's cheap to run. And as far as reliability goes i trust the germans to be more thorough than the britons ;-)

Reply to
Zweef

You really hate Saabs, don't you?

Reply to
Zweef

No. I have been driving Saab cars all my life and have not owned another brand, but I am disappointed with the quality of the newer models, especially the 9^5 that seems to have a very varying quality level. Some people claim they have no problems at all while others have serious problems and their cars have to spend a lot of time in the garage. I never got stuck on the road with any of my earlier Saabs while the 9^5 this far has been towed 5 times during 175000 km due to various problems that prevents me from driving further.

I also made a mistake two years ago when test driving a new 9^3. I came to the dealer in my old 9K and felt the horrible lack of comfort in the

9^3 seats compared with the 9K (I should have taken the bus!). Well Saab is not alone in reducing the quality of the seats, Volvo is doing the same and the later Volvo models have much less comfortable seats compared to 10 year old models.
Reply to
th

I'm not so sure that these numbers are correctly showing the quality of a car since they only report the faults found at the compulsory car inspections and not the faults found at repairs or regular service at the dealer. This is especially true for all the faults where that car can no longer be driven at all (like many of the faults that happen to the 9^5 like ignition cassette, broken wheel bolts, heater bypass valve, crankshaft position sensor etc), I can't see how these can appear in the DEKRA statistics.

The DEKRA statistics also probably do not cover faults that do not affect the safety of the car (like malfunctioning AC, leaking water pump or the interior falling apart)

Reply to
th

"th" skrev i meddelelsen news:i10hcm$8cf$ snipped-for-privacy@news.eternal-september.org...

Of course you're not... ;o)

*ROFL*
Reply to
Henrik B.

"th" skrev i meddelelsen news:i10gig$59u$ snipped-for-privacy@news.eternal-september.org...

Ahhhh, I see. It's the age that has caught up with you. ;o)) You simply are looking for Grandpa seats!

Reply to
Henrik B.

OK, if I'm wrong then what type of faults does the DEKRA statistics cover?

In Sweden Saab generally gets good marks at the annual compulsory test (similar to MOT in UK) but this does not reflect the general quality of the car as it only covers safety and environmental aspects sampled once per year. All repairs needed in between the tests (for instance those needed to be able to drive the car to the test) are completely lost in this statistics.

The best statistics available should be from the dealers that actually repair the cars, but I guess that these numbers are not public.

Reply to
th