keyless entry

My keyless system was working fine until the main car battery died now it no longer works. Does the keyless system need to be reprogrammed after a batter change?

Reply to
rick

rick gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

I didn't think Saab had come out with a true keyless system as yet (where you need do nothing, except approach the car with key in pocket).

Are you referring to the more common remote locking? What model of Saab?

Reply to
Adrian

Model/year? Factory/aftermarket?

Reply to
PeterD

2001 9-5 Aero and this is the buttons on the keys. They no longer work on both keys so its not the little battery. They stopped working when the main car batery died
Reply to
rick

"rick" skrev i meddelelsen news: snipped-for-privacy@e5g2000yqn.googlegroups.com...

I believe it is descreibed in the instructionmanual, how you "reprogram" the car, for the keys.

Reply to
Henrik B.

Was just going to say the same thing! The car has to 'relearn' the fob (key). The problem is caused by the use of rolling codes and the car's computer got reset but the fob does not.

On some vehicles it is as simple as standing beside the door of the car and pressing and holding the button for a predetermined amount of time. If the security/entry system was originally programmed for that fob (key) it will reset the rolling code in the computer to match the fob (key).

Reply to
PeterD

In message , PeterD writes

I think you press any of the key buttons multiple times, 5 springs to mind. Try searching saabscene.com for help.

Reply to
RCC