Re: Can you please tell me what cars these are

> "christian9997" skrev i melding > news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com... > > Hi > > > > I took some photographs of cars at: > >
> > > but I'm not sure what they are (The name badge was removed). Among > > them is a Saab. > > > > 1) Saab _____________(not sure if this is a 900 or 9-3 or something > > else) > > 2) Audi _____________(not sure if this is a 80, 90 or 100) > > 3) ?????? (I thought I wrote this down as being a Honda,it also had a > > '6Speed V6' badge but I can't seem to find what it is on the Honda > > websites so maybe it's something else?) > > Hyundai Coupe, also known as Tiburon > > > 4) ?????? (This one had no name but little 'Z' badges all over it. > > Could it be a Zagato? not sure) > > Nissan 350Z. What rock have you been under the last two years?

You're quite right. While driving home this evening I spotted two of them, one silver and the other in metallic copper colour.

Reply to
Johannes H Andersen

Thank you very much to all the people who took part in my little "game". Here are what I think the right results:

1) Saab 900 2) Audi 100 Avant 3) Hyundai Coupe (Tiburon in the USA apparently) 4) Nissan 350Z 5) MB W123 (I asked by mistake in my original post if this was an old C Class but I didn't know that the C and E class were modern naming conventions. Before 1990 the MB names were very confusing) 6) MB W126 Old S Class (Could be 500 SEL, something else I learnt the "L" in this name stands for lang(long) and therefore has nothing to do with the "L" in SLK where it stands for leicht(light)) 7) Nissan Pickup (Navara in UK, Frontier in USA)
Reply to
christian9997

I'll leave the experts to the others, but I believe the Audi (No 2) was not part of the "hundred" naming convention, but was designated the Avant 5() , where () may have been a letter (L?). The motor was a 5-cylinder, possibly even a V-5 (no, I'm not kidding)

In Australia, Number 1 would be a SAAB 900S Coupe, pre 1998, as indicated by the presence of the chrome strip insert in the bumper cover. This was discontinued in the '98 onwards.

Cheers,

Reply to
Bill Rule

We had the Audi here, but I think it was an Avant 100, with an inline 5 cylinder similar to the Volvo T5 engines.

Available NA or turbocharged in other models, and also available as a quattro in the 200 range (I think).

Reply to
MeatballTurbo