Re: SAAB 9000S 1987 Question

can't test alternator output voltage since if the car starts it blows the ECU, ergo the car won't run long enough for me to test it and it is getting costly to replace the ECUs :D.

thanks,

John T. Slodyczka wrote: > > > I don't know very much about saabs but I was wondering whether a 1987 saab > > 9000s has a voltage regulator > > Yes. > > > and if so, is it part of the alternator like > > on most cars > > Yes. > > > and lastly would a malfunctioning voltage regulator > > consistently blow an ECU? > > Possible, but quite unusual. Have you measured the voltage while > the car is running? What is it? > > -- > Grunff >
Reply to
John T. Slodyczka

Wow - that bad, huh?

Can't do any harm to swap out the voltage regulator then...

Reply to
Grunff