Remote key fob problems...

Just replaced the batteries on both keyfobs for my 98 SE conv and can't get any response from them at all! The manual tells me to press the unlock button at least four times before operation, but this has not helped. Rather ominously the manual also informs me to replace the batteries "without delay" to "avoid complications"! Any ideas on how to reset these things?

Reply to
Richard Kirby

This happened to me with our VCR once.. check you fitted the new batteries the right way round..?

Reply to
Nasty Bob

Reply to
Richard Kirby

I think you're supposed to be able to re-set your keyfob by pressing it 5 times in a row. And you're supposed to be in your car or within range when you do this... It should say exactly what to do in your user manual.

Assuming the remote locking worked OK before you replaced the batteries.. there's always an *extreme* outside chance that your new batteries are no good. Try the old ones again?

Reply to
Nasty Bob

If the lights on the remote light up and still no joy, you might have to end up going to the dealer. I had to get one remote reprogrammed when it stopped switching the immobilizer off.

Nothing more maddening that having it fire up then shut off.

The dealer was able to recode mine in 10 minutes for £60.

It is also possible that the remote receiver has packed it in.

Best of luck.

Reply to
joe schmoe

Put the key in the ignition switch and turn it to ON position. Then press UNLOCK button 5 to 8 times not more often than once a second. Watch the "safety belt" light. I think when it flashes after subsequent UNLOCK press you have completed programing in your key to TWICE system (Central locking and security system). I have done it two days ago with a TECH 2 plugged in, following instructions on the screen. Good luck.

Don

Uzytkownik "joe schmoe" napisal w wiadomosci news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Reply to
Don