Saab Linear audio upgrade

I recently purchase a 2004 Saab Linear 9-3 with a 150 watt radio/CD and 7 speakers. Sound quality is very poor. I am researching options to correct it and would like some suggestions. The dealer sells an upgrade kit - another amplifier, cable and 2 speakers for $700 plus labor. Anyone try this and did it solve the problem? Any after market systems that will work with Saab's fiber optics and computers? Thanks.

Reply to
pfh