The Saab 9-7X SUV is coming...

Hi All.

The Saab Global site tells more about the upcoming (2005) Saab 9-7X SUV. It will feature a 300 Bhp V8 and an inline 275 Bhp six.

Cheers!

Reply to
Henrik B.

Yeah! Rub it in...

Shouldn't the marketing exec's at GM be told re-read the chapter "brand differentiation" from their Kottler text book...

Is there ANY brand within the GM family of clones and inbreds that gets to keep some of it's brand uniquenes??

Nel

I came across a Caddy Escalade in a parking lot the other day, must have been a grey import 'cuz officially they're not for sale here in Yurp, but the mere sight of it made me depressed... A Cadillav S.U.V., Mr. Leland must me turning in his grave...

Reply to
Nel Frikandel

My best guess is that it's a tarted Envoy - wonder if it'll have that weird power roof thing too.

Really - all they need to do is release a wider, flatter 9000 on a turbo epsilon platform and people will be standing in line for one! I swear - it's like they couldn't figure out what to do with all the lost Aztec acid burn outs if you ask me.

Reply to
Dexter J

Dexter J wrote: :: My best guess is that it's a tarted Envoy - wonder if it'll have that :: weird power roof thing too.

It's based on the GM GMT360 platform, as the Trailblazer is.

Cheers!

Reply to
Henrik B.

And Chevy's are a POS, IMHE, right down to the drive gear.

Reply to
Bob

Let's see.. the V8, that must be two 2.3L 4 turbo's strapped together to get a v8... oh wait... that would be over 400HP turbocharged. They must have lost something along the way when they welded the blocks together. The straight 6, that must be a 2.3L 4 extended by two more cyl's giving us... oh wait, that would be well over 300 HP... maybe they lost something there too.

:-(

Guess not - Saab was the last holdout. I suppose they get to do the interior and exterior. Look for turbo's to disappear soon from all the lines. Oh well, at least in the future we'll be able to say "I drive an old Saab from the days when they had outrageous turbo 4's ".

Reply to
Bob

"Bob" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

And maybe Saab will come out with a RWD model? I heard the Saab CEO Peter Augustsson in a TV interview made at the day of the 9-7X release. He got a question whether Saab would market a RWD model, since one the new GM platforms is RWD, and HE DIDN'T DENY THAT IT COULD BE POSSIBLE!!!!!!!

With this kind of attitude the Saab management have a serious problem. A RWD Saab would be the final nail in the Saab coffin since it is THE most significant Saab property since the very beginning. The idea of the ignition key between the seats, that they introduced also in the 9-7X claiming to be a unique Saab feature, only came with the 99 model in 1969. It was also introduced in the NG900 at a very late stage in the development to correct the "mistake" of its location in the 9000.

Reply to
th