Things I didn't know about my Saab.

After owning my Saab 93' 9k since 1997, it is nice to lately discover new features I didn't know about before. Today, while driving in a slight drizzle, I had the wipers set at the intermittent rate. When I did the screen washer, the wipers continued for four strokes before settling down at the intermittent rate! Nice.

Reply to
Johannes H Andersen

in article snipped-for-privacy@xnsmanzxeozsizefitterxsxreoeanm.com, Johannes H Andersen at snipped-for-privacy@xnsmanzxeozsizefitterxsxreoeanm.com wrote on 25/08/2004

20:31:

On the C900, I like the way that if you forget to put the cap back on the coolant expansion tank, the bonnet holds not only sufficient pressure to drive the car at motorway speeds for a couple of hours, but when you realise your mistake you discover the bonnet has also held your cap in place for you just where you left it on top of the expansion tank next to the filling hole!!!

Nice :)

Paul

1989 900 Turbo S
Paul Halliday

And designed in purpose, I bet :)

BR:Z

Reply to
Zon

I think the big curved windshield on the Classics is great, but can be taken for granted until you drive another car. I am still trying to figure out why the Classic 900 handles so well in the snow - is it the double wishbone suspension or the strange engine layout?

Reply to
ma_twain

in article snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com, ma_twain at ma snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote on 26/08/2004 01:32:

My wife has a great story about that ... She was driving uphill on a very exposed and snowy road. The two cars in front of her skidded off in either direction and she continued to cruise up through the middle. She says there was a bit of a scrabble between the cars behind to get into her tracks. She felt a little uneasy being at the front, but our old 900i didn't fail. I miss that car - flat nose bumpers too ... Great in snow :) We live in one of the highest altitude towns in the north of England. They say our village has it's own weather system ... Usually above the clouds :)

Since this is turning into a "cool things about my SAAB" kind of thread, I like the vacuum powered air vents. They rule ... No end of fun!

Paul

1989 900 Turbo S
Paul Halliday

No biggy it's a timer from GM/Delphi.