93 SL2 how do you take off the serpentine belt?

Hello

I am putting an AC compressor on an SL2 today. How do you take off the serpentine belt? There is very little room to work with on this car. I have a breaker bar, but I don't know if it can be used on this car.

Please help, thank you.

Reply to
KathyJailShame

You need to release the tension on your automatic tensioner...and you can do that with a wrench (13mm? I can't remember)

You might be able to reach it from the top, but I did mine from the bottom, since I was replacing the tensioner anyway.

Take off the passenger side front wheel and remove the plastic splash guards. The tensioner is right there. Put the wrench on the center nut of the tensioner pulley and turn clockwise. The tensioner is spring loaded, so you'll have to put a little muscle into it, but it's not hard. Once you have some slack in the belt, simply slip it off the pulley and you'll have enough slack to take it off your compressor.

Try it from the top if you want. It's probably accessible. Once you know how, you can change the serpentine in a matter of minutes.

Good luck.

Barry Schnoor