Change oil filter every other time?

Reply to
Jonnie Santos

Also, the oil plug is not located at the exact lower point of the oil pan, and when some people lift right side of a car higher, it is even more so.

Maybe I am paranoid, but I think Saturn intentionally located that oil filter so inconveniently to prevent as many owners as possible from change-oil-yourself (do not care what Saturn says).

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry

If this is so, then Honda, Ford, Chrysler, etc., etc. are just as guilty. On the otherhand, by 2003 Vue has the easiest to change oil filter I've ever seen.

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White

One reason why I take the jackstand out while the car is draining and then lower it down so the drainplug hole is the lowest point.

Ken

Reply to
Napalm Heart

You know you can get the plastic gutter from saturn that guides the oil from the filter away from the axle and frame and into your drain pan

"It creates an oily mess because of the filter location."

Jerry

Reply to
Ken-n-Jill

Do you know the part number? Thanks