Cleaning mirror

HI all

Here's a question that isn't specifically Saturn-related, but maybe someone knows how to fix the problem.....

I have a VUE. WHen it's parked at home, it sits right next to a lawn sprinkler, and we have some HARD water. I've replaced the sprinkler so it doesn't spray on the car (finally), but there are white mineral deposits on the side of the car and the driver's side mirror left from the water sprayed on the car previously.

I've washed it to try and remove the spots and have been through a car wash a couple of times -- and some of the spots are still there. Any idea how to clean them off without taking off the paint or the mirror surface?

mh

Reply to
Matt Hayden

Rubbing compound very lightly.

Reply to
Tim G

Try rubbing it with a sponge soaked with vinegar.

Reply to
Rudy Garcia

Not sure about the mirror, but for the paint, Meguiars clearcoat scrub or similar paint cleaner will take it off along with a buffer. You don't want to use rubbing compound on the paint unless you really really have to.

Reply to
Charles Paluda

mineral

mirror

On the mirror, I'd try a single edge razor blade.

Ken

Reply to
Napalm Heart

Vinegar & soft cotton cloth

Reply to
Dana Rohleder

If the vinegar doesn't work, try CLR

Should be OK for glass. On paint, I'd do a test patch first. If in doubt, check with a body shop about cleaning the mineral film.

Oppie

Reply to
Oppie