Help with my 95 SC2

Hello, First of all, I can't stand my money pit...oh, I mean my 95 sc2. I have had to change the alternator 3 times, catalytic converter 2 times, the fan, etc.etc. Now it keeps on overheating and the coolant light comes on and the service engine soon light comes on too. My car has 153,000+ miles on it. What do you think the problem is?

Reply to
macandtash

Just a guess but the stuff you neglected to service regurarly most likely. Sounds like it might be coming back to bite you in the ass.

Alt failures = bad battery or failure to charge batt prior to running after alt change.

Catalytic converter failer = poor engine up keep and inspection like plugs, plug wires, oil changes, burning oil or coolant, etc etc.

Overheat = lack of coolant changes, bad t-stat, air in system, air restriction yadda yadda.

Engine light = get code read (we cant)

Coolant light = inspect cooling system. Check to make sure the cap is tight and that the system is holding pressure and the bottle is to the full mark.

Reply to
Blah blah