Intermittent SES light - tire pressure?

So, I've got a 97 SL2, 98,000 miles on it.

Every now and then the SES light comes on (no change in performance), and a couple days later the car magically heals itself and the light goes out.

I never really noticed a pattern until recently...it seems to heal itself after filling the tires to their proper levels.

Could something as minor as slightly underinflated front tires cause the SES light to go on? Anyone ever experience / hear of anything like this?

Reply to
woj product

No tire pressure sensors in a factory Saturn - you need your PCM scanned with an OBDII type scanner (if you've got a friend with one or maybe the guys at your local autoparts store will do it for free)...

Reply to
Jonnie Santos