ION

Hi all, I currently have a 95 sc2 with 242,000 miles on it. Still running great (started burning some oil at about 200k). Do any of you have any experience with a new ION. I am considering getting one. Any comments good or bad would be appreciated. HM

Reply to
Herman Munster

I've got an '03 Ion Quad Coupe, had it a year today - 19020KM

I haven't really had any problems with the car. There are a few downsides to it - the blindspots are horrible, I can't really tell how close I am to a curb when pulling up / backing up (My rear spoiler makes it worse than it would be w/o a spoiler). The seats are kind of cheap - opt for leather or the RedLine with the sport seats.

The ride is nice, 140HP is all I really need - although if I had an unlimited supply of cash I'd get a turbo or trade in for the RedLine myself.

Reply to
GCC

There are alot of good things about the ION over the S series:

More head room more leg room

2 rear doors in the QC, new 140hp Ecotec (low maintenance) engine more sound deadening material thicker windshield battery stored in trunk (less heat, easier access, weight distribution) higher stance (no more stepping down into the car) easy change headbulb lamps better headlamp lighting more trunk room electric trunk release center gauge console (aligned with mirrors)

and more... although I am biased towards the old S series, especially the SC, the QC has many nice features. There will be some nice changes for '05 including a new 170 hp engine.

marx404

Reply to
marx404

Does a bigger engine equate to worse gas mileage? My 94 SL-1 gets almost 40 mpg highway without AC, low 30s with AC. Will the instruments on the 95 be in front of the driver? I'd be happy if they just moved the speedometer back there. And will there ever be a wagon version of the Ion like there was for the L and S or has Saturn abandoned that market? Ron

Reply to
Ron Herfurth