Same Price at each dealer?

Hi...I have a question. I'm interested in getting a new VUE. I've never owned a Saturn vehicle. With their "no haggle" policy, does this mean that every Saturn dealer in my area will want the same amount for the exact same vehicle, or will prices differ from dealer to dealer?

Reply to
FB

Most dealers charge the full MSRP, but there's a lot of wiggle room on the bottom line if you have a trade. Some Saturn dealers will inflate your trade-in value giving you above book value, so they can still claim (wink, wink) that they don't haggle.

Reply to
Mr. Goodwrench

where are u buying from ????in calif there are no deals at ii had a horrible experience with the saturn dealer i bought from the second time i had to get an attorney to have the extra packing charges taken off the car i tried to deal with the dealership but they never return my calls 1o days after i bought the car i made them sell me the car a

0.0 with may attorney involved I like the car for the money it a good deal but the dealers don't deal i bought my car this year
Reply to
Bob Men

I don't know how it is in the rest of the country, but the newspaper ads for Saturn in my area (Northern California) have a list of discounts, that conceivably, if someone could qualify for all of them, would take $6500 off the MSRP.

$2000 rebate (in lieu of Saturn financing) $ 750 college grad allowance (graduated within 6 months with a job offer letter) $ 750 military purchase program (enlisted or retired from any branch of the military or active reserves) $1000 down payment assistance (must finance with Saturn) $1000 market adjustment (L series only) $1000 Olds Loyalty Rebate (owner of an Oldsmobile purchased new between 1996 and December 15, 2001)

So a recent graduate who had a job offer letter but instead joined the military and presently owns an Oldsmobile would get the best deal, $5500 off an L series, $4500 off everything else, but everyone gets some of the discounts. Also you can use GM card savings, for up to another $1000 off.

There may not be any haggling, but that does not mean that you have to pay MSRP, or that the dealers all charge the same. The dealers are allowed to adjust prices to meet "market conditions," and Saturn dealers have the highest margins of any non-luxury nameplate so there is a lot of room for the dealer to adjust prices to market conditions.

Reply to
Steven M. Scharf

This is untrue

and Saturn dealers have the highest