Turbo Saturn EGT help

This might just be a stupid thread. What is the highest EGTs i can safely run in my 1.9L? and what should it be at idle? Cruising 3000rpm? I think mine might be high, i know alluminum melts at 1350F and under high load-high rpm with good AFRs i can hit 1500F. At idle it is 800F. WTF Post your EGTs for me and every other concerned saturn turbo owner that doesn't know how to use their pyrometer correctly.

Reply to
Carjunky via CarKB.com

I'd be surprised if any turbocharged Saturn owners regularly read this newsgroup.

When the forums at

used to be in working order, I recall seeing people say that EGTs should be kept below 1600. That's about all I can remember. You may want to do some searching on
or
forums. Also, the guys at
are running a pretty nice turbo setup and doing some impressive things with it at the track. I believe they were in the 11s in the quarter with nitrous on their SL2 before they did the turbo build. Send them an e-mail (if the answer isn't already on their forums) and they'll surely be able to help you out. Lane [ lane (at) evilplastic.com ]

Reply to
Lane