EFI dodgy idle

Hi guys and gals Can anyone tell me if this is functioning correctly ,my problem is whenever I start the car up(1993 3,9 hotwire v8)the engine runs at about 2000 rpm after about 30 seconds it drops in increnments to around 800 rpm It never used to idle as high as 2000 at anytime I have had the air bypass valve out and watched it working seems to only adjust about once every 5-10 seconds seems to be very slow to me but then I dont really know whats right.I guess if its adjusting at all means the airflow meter is working,If you turn the ignition off it always defaults to fully open which is why idle is high to start with.I have done allof the usual air leak tests and ignition etc any help with this would be appreciated its driving me mental. Rgds Alan

Reply to
chubbery