OT Chuckle: Any Boaters in the Group?

There's a funny in the first of this company's auction bills (as of July 31).Open this link and go to the Leiser Auction Sale Bill, to be held August 5th. Scroll down to the photos of the BOAT being offered. Note the graphics on the side of the boat; cute. (Non-boaters can enjoy the chuckle, too: One of the better ski boat manufacturers is Ski-Nautique, with graphics exactly like on the side of the boat to be auctioned. Keep that in mind as you view the boat in the sale bill.) 'Glad to see someone has an imagination. BP

bobcaripalma

That is cute! I see it is advertised as a Buehler TurboCraft. I used to own one of those. Remember the John Cameron Swayze ad for Timex where they taped a watch to the bottom of a TurboCraft as it navigated the Colorado River? I understand these boats were very popular in the shallows there because you could bump the rocky bottom without hurting the hull, and there was no propeller to hit bottom. Loved that boat. It had it's short comings though. It was an early design jet drive. Couldn't troll in a straight line with it, and it didn't have much push in reverse either. Sure would wash down a floating dock and everything on it though! My only extra graphics was some stick-on letters on the stern that said 'stand clear jet blast'.

Reply to
Dwain G.