OT- NBC News coverage of the Tesla

Tonight's NBC News had a nice story about the Tesla. Powered by 6,800 lithium ion batteries- 125 mph top end, 0 - 60 in under four seconds. Apparently they are still having some problems getting production cars built- now slipped to next year keeping buyers like George Clooney and Arnold Swartzenager (?) from taking delivery of their $98,000 cars. Policy is you have to buy one to take a test drive. Paul Johnson

Reply to
Paul Johnson

They didn't say anything about how far you can go or how long it takes to recharge.

Lee

Reply to
Lee Aanderud

Paul Moller and his never built air car gizmo comes to mind..... He's been living a nice lifestyle on investor money. Even survived a lawsuit or two... Wonder if the Tesla car guys are using Moller's business model. And the news guys clamor for a touchy feely 'green' story, and put it up without much vetting. Jeff

"Paul Johns> Tonight's NBC News had a nice story about the Tesla. Powered by 6,800

Reply to
Jeff Rice

Allen, Did you sell your coupe exp? I have your nameplate, but lost your email & snail mail addresses when I had my drive reformatted in Sept. Barry'd in Studes

HI, I saw the car and sat in it when it was on display in Monterey at the Historic Auto races and companion concours in September.

First of all, it really is a fine looking sports car. It does not give an image of a electric or hybred car. When you walk around the back it looks like it should have two big exhaust pipes sneaking out the back.

The staff and literature both claim range at 200 miles unless you are trying to see how many 0-60 runs you can do, then the ranges drops. I can not remember the recharge rate exactly but I seem to remember it being in the 6 hour range. I was thinking that you could drive it to work or to visit daughter in San Luis Obispo (150 miles away) charge it and come back.

I hope they pull it off.

They have a standard sedan on the drawing board planned for release 2 years after the Telsa Roadster. Allen

Reply to
Barry