Refueling '64 CDR.

I'm still having problems refueling my car, what with the fume recovery hoses that came out years since the car was made. (Fellow at the next pump with '65 Malibu hs same problems.)

The contact is an oval cross-section rubber doughnut with the accordion piece above it. The doughnut hardly covers the metal pipe and any gap will cause a leak or it not pump. Left about a half-cup of fuel on the concrete this morning.

Anyone found a solution?

Karl (California fuel laws and systems)

Reply to
midlant

itraseecab

I filled up Thursday just off I-95 near Brunswick for $2.83 for unleaded regular.

"So. Ga. Cruiser" wrote...

Reply to
Jeff Rice

easy to use.

"So. Ga. Cruiser" wrote...

Reply to
Jeff Rice

Hey Jeffster,

We done away wiff dat dare LEADE GISE near 'bout 30 year ago!

Reply to
So. Ga. Cruiser

Push down, start pumping, then slowly raise the nozzle, very slowly. At some point it will shut off, as it senses, because of fumes a full tank. Withe the nozzle still in the filler hole. Push down on your bumper two or three times, wait till car comes to rest and start pumping again.

Here in our area, if you pull the hose and nozzle out of your car, and raise it above a predetermined height, the pump s**ts off, and you need to start the process.

Reply to
Bill Glass

Reply to
jerrystudebaker

Ya meant leaded gas didnt ya Jerry??

Reply to
noeone

Why as a matter of fact, yes I did.

Reply to
Jerry Forrester

Reply to
midlant

Karl, that's exactly what I did on my 6 month old 1983 Buick Electra (not a filler pipe, just the test pipe which became permanant).

Reply to
Jerry Forrester

I also put in the next size up engine and ran it for years. When I got ready to sell it, I reinstalled the original stuff (with only 100k miles or so on it) and it squeaked pass the smog test.

I don't know that I would try that with a FI car now, Jerry, but the '64 CDR is my only car.

Karl

Jerry Forrester (no spam) wrote:

Reply to
midlant