'01 Forrester Radio fit a '97 Legacy?

Will the 6CD changer head unit from my daughter's 2001 Forrester fit in my son's 1997 Legacy? I changed out the radio in my daughter's car for a head unit with an ipod port and right on cur, my son's radio died.

Will the radio fit? Are the plugs and connectors going to be different?

Thanks for any assistance you can lend, Jon

Reply to
Zeppo

Subaru changed connectors sometime in the mid '90s, but IIRC the '97 should have the newer style. If your Legacy has the newer style (single plug vs 2 plugs on the older cars), the 6 disk changer will fit right in like it was made for it.

ByeBye! S.