02 sensor resistor mod for pinging forester

One for Danny Russell if he is out there.

I have a pinging/knocking forester, searched the newsgroup, and found someone tried a 22 k resistor (I think Danny) in parallel with the 02 sensor to make it run a little richer. Just wondering if anyone tried it out.

I can get rid of the ping by changing to colder plugs, cold air intake, and adding a variable resistor to the knock sensor, but this sets off a check engine light and retards the timing a bit to much.

cheers

Reply to
fourma2005