2002 Subaru Outback Overheating

We have a 2002 Subaru with 46,000 miles and have an overheating problem. We filled up the coolant as it was low, but it still is overheating. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.

Reply to
Deno

The obvious question is where is the coolant going? If its leaking from something then you have your obvious cause. However, as most Subie owners are, you are more intelligent than that. I would off-handly guess that your head gasket is blown. Luckily for you it is covered by the 60k warranty and by a possible recall.

-Kurt

Deno wrote:

Reply to
Kurt C. Hack

Ever think of taking it to the dealer or another qualified service center, and have them check it out? I wouldn't delay too long, as overheating can be quite problematic with an aluminum engine. The fact you are losing coolant, but don't mention a leak indicates you might have a blown gasket. Check your oil. If it looks cloudy or milky, get it to a service center right away.

George Adams

"All good fishermen stay young until they die, for fishing is the only dream of youth that doth not grow stale with age." ---- J.W Muller

Reply to
George Adams

Here's an idea: Take your car to a subaru dealer. Anything wrong will be covered by the warranty. Zero from your pocket. There are only 135 things that can cause this so it is hard to diagnose via computer.

Reply to
busterb