2010 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT: Learning to drive stick

That's my wife, and despite the two thumbs up and big smile on her face, she just stalled our long-term 2010 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT for the sixth time in a row. Turns out that the Legacy is not an ideal practice car in which to learn the fine art of cog swapping. It's too bad, too, as tomorrow the Mrs. and I are heading off on a 2,000+ mile road trip vacation to Bar Harbor, Maine in the Legacy. While I love a long road trip behind the wheel and prefer the driver's seat to the passivity of riding sh... Read More:

----------------------------------- Subaru NewsHub: Latest auto news sourced from websites, portals and blogs

sjmmail2000-247

just stalled our long-term 2010 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT for the sixth time in a row. Turns out that the Legacy is not an ideal practice car in which to learn the fine art of cog swapping. It's too bad, too, as tomorrow the Mrs. and I are heading off on a 2,000+ mile road trip vacation to Bar Harbor, Maine in the Legacy. While I love a long road trip behind the wheel and prefer the driver's seat to the passivity of riding sh...

Start drivers who are new to a clutch off in a large dirt lot. Easier to learn the necessary finesse if the wheels can slip a little, and easier on the drive train in any event.

Hope you have a great trip!

ByeBye! S.

just stalled our long-term 2010 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT for the sixth time in a row. Turns out that the Legacy is not an ideal practice car in which to learn the fine art of cog swapping. It's too bad, too, as tomorrow the Mrs. and I are heading off on a 2,000+ mile road trip vacation to Bar Harbor, Maine in the Legacy. While I love a long road trip behind the wheel and prefer the driver's seat to the passivity of riding sh...

It seems that Subarus are just prone to hard clutches out of the factory. My 2000 OBW had such a hard clutch that I developed muscle memory for it. After I changed the clutch recently, the shop guy said I'm going to need to relearn the feel of the new clutch, and he was right, it is 5 times softer. But most people still wouldn't call it a soft clutch.

Yousuf Khan

Reply to
Yousuf Khan

she just stalled our long-term 2010 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT for the sixth time = in a row. Turns out that the Legacy is not an ideal practice car in which t= o learn the fine art of cog swapping. It's too bad, too, as tomorrow the Mr= s. and I are heading off on a 2,000+ mile road trip vacation to Bar Harbor,= Maine in the Legacy. While I love a long road trip behind the wheel and pr= efer the driver's seat to the passivity of riding sh...

My understanding is legacy might still allow adjusting the clutch release point (OBS does not) In my case raising the release point on legacy helped to learn to shift quite a bit.

Reply to
Squat n'Dive

, she just stalled our long-term 2010 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT for the sixth tim= e in a row. Turns out that the Legacy is not an ideal practice car in which= to learn the fine art of cog swapping. It's too bad, too, as tomorrow the = Mrs. and I are heading off on a 2,000+ mile road trip vacation to Bar Harbo= r, Maine in the Legacy. While I love a long road trip behind the wheel and = prefer the driver's seat to the passivity of riding sh...

Every stick I ever drove required some degree of re-learning from the previous one.

A few weeks ago, my boss invited me to drive his kid's SRT4. That clutch is in a different timezone by the time you get it to the floor!

Reply to
1 Lucky Texan