2013 Subaru Outback and Legacy announced

Scheduled to make their public debut next month at the 2012 New York Auto Show, the 2013 Outback and Legacy models have been announced by Subaru. Both cars have been moderately updated, featuring a revised grille, new headlights and a new design for the front bumper. Under the hood is a new 2.5-liter Boxer power [...] Post published on Rpmgo.com 2013 Subaru Outback and Legacy announced Read More:

----------------------------------- Subaru NewsHub: Latest auto news sourced from websites, portals and blogs

sjmmail2000-247

Show, the 2013 Outback and Legacy models have been announced by Subaru. Both cars have been moderately updated, featuring a revised grille, new headlights and a new design for the front bumper. Under the hood is a new 2.5-liter Boxer power [...] Post published on Rpmgo.com 2013 Subaru Outback and Legacy announced

Boy, with these minor styling changes, Subaru is going to give Porsche a run for its money for the least amount of changes made to styling over the years. :)

Yousuf Khan

Reply to
Yousuf Khan

to Show, the 2013 Outback and Legacy models have been announced by Subaru. = Both cars have been moderately updated, featuring a revised grille, new hea= dlights and a new design for the front bumper. Under the hood is a new 2.5-= liter Boxer power [...] Post published on Rpmgo.com 2013 Subaru Outback and= Legacy announced

Yeah right. Once you've moved into an audi, let alone porsche there is no coming back to subaru. That's for sure. You do get what you've paid for. The absence of body roll, brake dive and acceleration squat among other things. It's sooo gratifying having no sign of big2 style suspension tuning in a car.

Reply to
AD

LOL! My other care is a Porsche. It does what it does best, and the Subaru does what it does best. They're both great cars. Having a Porsche in no way makes me not want to buy another Subaru.

Patty

Reply to
Patty Winter

me thinks once I have 911 with all 4 wheels driven there won't be coming back to subaru ever. famous last words.

But as far as utility goes A4 1.8T quattro does not leave me wanting. Unless I leave pavement: subaru memories come back instantly once wheels start to slip or the belly get scratched on anything :-]

Reply to
AD

Is there a Porsche that will carry me and two deer and gear when I return from deer hunting?

David

Reply to
David R. Birch

So you are claiming that Baja will. Why do you need that much meat and hyde in the first place?

Reply to
AD

Yes.

Reply to
Asbjørn

article,

No, but my '07 Outback Sport will. I still haven't figured out who the intended buyer of the Baja is.

One or two deer keeps me in high quality protein for about a year, plus the summer sausage is a welcome gift for friends.

No hydes of jekylls, but the hides make good jackets and gloves.

David

Reply to
David R. Birch

Got a link to that Porsche?

A moment of silence for the end of Ferdinand Alexander Porsche, BTW.

David

Reply to
David R. Birch

**Probably the Cayenne (like the peppah), but I think the Cayenne is the type of vehicle that doesn't see dirt in its wheel wells much less a couple of dead deer :)
Reply to
kaboom

I don't put the deer in the wheel wells.

:^)

Found pix of the Cayenne, not much ground clearance for the rocky fields I drive across. My OBS has more and I'd like still more, maybe a Forester next time.

Plus, I can buy three Sports for what the base Cayenne cost.

David

Reply to
David R. Birch

The Cayenne has (of at least had) adjustable ride height and could jack itself up to quite a respectable level and ground clearance. It squats down for highway driving. Way outside of my price range of course and I would no more put a dead deer in a Porsche than I would in the AWD Ferrari 'station wagon'

John McGaw

**Haaaw! ;-) Well, I think that the closest a Cayenne gets to a dead dear is when one gets mushed into its wheel wells.
**Word, brother. I have a new Forester myself, but if I was wealthy, I might have a Porsche in my collection of summer cars :)
Reply to
kaboom

makes me wonder how long it takes you to process a deer, let alone two to make the sausages and cut the jackets gloves out of them.

Anyhow, I don't see why Cayenne could not carry a deer or two, that's 500lbs tops.

Reply to
AD

Makes me wonder why you wonder.

Yes, it can probably do all my OBS can and only cost 3 times as much.

David

Reply to
David R. Birch

Your original question was:

Not whether there was a Porsche that could do it at the same price as a Subaru.

Patty

Reply to
Patty Winter

gotta get an excuse to go hunting.

Yes. What it won't do is lean into every corner like you OBS does with the stock sway bars. Wont squat every time you press the go pedal off a dead stop with the stock shocks and won't dive every time you brake with the stock springs. Other than that "it can probably do all your OBS can and only cost 3 times as much"

We'll see shortly how much XV suspension is screwed up, I guess but I somehow don't see those $1500 shock and spring impreza upgrade "deals" going off the tirerack/cobb suspension sections anytime soon.

Reply to
AD

True.

What's your point?

David

Reply to
David R. Birch

Why do you need an excuse? If you want to do it, just do it, if not, don't.

Odd, my OBS doesn't do that, but I haven't driven like a teenager since...well, never, even as a teenager I had more sense.

I use cars to move around in bad weather or when I need to move a lot of stuff. My OBS can even go to most of the places I can get to on my BMW.

For fast, I ride a motorcycle. 100 mph on a bike feels a lot faster than

140 mph in a box.

Yawn...I can wait.

David

Reply to