96 gtb boost pressure

Hi all During the weekend I had the fortune of being on a remote quite straight country road and I thought I would see test the performance of my recently purched 96 GTB with little effort it passed the 180km/h mark and kept going - which was a little strange as the speedo only goes up to 180km/h and japaneese spec cars are, I thought, limited to 180km/h. This to me implys that the car's ECU has been chipped. The most common chips also increase boost pressure so what is the standard

96 GTB boost pressure? Mine produces 10PSI on the primary and 14PSI on the secondary turbo - is this normal? The car has been tricked out with several modifications including STi & Mines suspension components, Brembo Brakes from a 2002 WRX STI, and Tein fully adjustioble suspension: however the engine appeared to be stock. Thanks for the info Mike
Reply to
mike

There are electronic black boxes which reduce the number of speed pulses sent to the ECU fooling it into thinking the car is going slower than it really is so you don't need a 'chipped' ECU to defeat the speed limiter.

Sounds a bit low. I think stock is 15 psi but if you are not using high octane fuel the ECU will be limiting the boost to avoid knocking.

Reply to
nospam