99 OBW - Front End Question

Hello,

I am hearing what sounds like a screeching or scrapping from the front end of the car .sounds like driver side wheel. The pitch of the noise changes based on speed. I also hear creeking or scraping like sounds coming from the same area when turning. I dont know if the Subaru has CV joints or Universal joints or if the rotor could be warped . .I know there is power steering fluid and all the belts are fine . .it isn't a belt noise. Can someone offer me some advice on tracking down what the problem may be? 136k miles on a

1999 OBW.

Thanks for your time.

Phil

Reply to
Phil

Edward Hayes

Reply to
X-Eliminator

Hard to diagnose without seeing it, but you can check wheel bearings as well.

Reply to
Losiho

thanks for the reply . .I don't believe it is the brakes . .hard to explain . .I am thinking CV but hoping someone here has had experiences like what I am trying to explain.

phil

Reply to
Phil

thanks for the reply . .don't think it is brakes as the sound occurs with no brakes applied . .a screeching, whinning . .hard to explain.

phil

Reply to
Phil

The brake warning indicators should make noise even when the brakes are NOT applied. check em and be sure

Reply to
name

I had a vehicle once that started making a very loud screeching noise, turned out to be a pebble stuck behind the rotor shield.

Carl

1 Lucky Texan

Phil wrote:

Reply to