airbrushing scratches chips etc... I need info

Ok I had a little encounter with my front bumper and an old Toyota Camry (rusty steel bumper). The encounter removed some paint and plastic. I used 800 grit paper to smooth the surface and a little bondo in the deepest scratch. So every thing is nice and smooth however as some of you may know you can't use a brush and expect metallic paint to match. I tried it sticks out like sore thumb. So I'm at a crossroads, 1. Have my brother repaint (blend) the front bumper. 2. Buy an airbrush (

Reply to
null

Day 2 after I got my new outback I had an encounter with a parking stone. I used to drive a 4runner so that explins how it happenned.

Anyway, I sanded down the area (8 inches along the bottop edge of foglight) and primed it. Went to the dealer because they said they carried aerosol touch up paint. Well they didn't. Guy at the dealer pointed me to shop that does custom mixes. They had all the paint codes and in 10 minutes I had a large can of the pearl titanium paint and bought a can of clear.

Sparyed it and you can hardly tell.

Total cost was about $27 canadian (less than $20 US).

Your other option is to got to a dent repair service and they can usually touch it up for less than $100.

Let us know what happens.

Reply to
steam_mill

Reply to