Any hidden info about Impreza GX?

Hi..

I'm just searching for a new car at the moment and Subaru Impreza GX sounded very good, but like I did before with 97/98 A3 I had nothing but paying for repairs after repairs. It was very funny that every thing was going wrong just after the warrenties.

Anyway... Is there anyone who had some trouble with Impreza GX before? Anything will do? Like Breather hoses, water pump (impeller), thermostat and etc. Those are not expensive but services are....

Thanks.

Reply to
PingMonster

I have a 2001 (dec-00 build) GX manual sedan, almost 90,000km on it so far. The only problems with it have been one of the window rubbers coming loose, a busted driveshaft seal, a broken airbox bracket and the clutch shuddering when cold (all fixed under warranty - the clutch was fixed on the day the warranty expired :) )

90,000km and I'm still on the original tyres and brake pads. The 50,000km service came as a bit of a shock ($700AUD) but I'm not really sure what the average car service price is - its my first car :)

Overall, its a great car.

Matt.

Reply to
SMH Registration Sucks

Subi services aren't cheap but the car doesn't seem to spend much time with the dealer the rest of the time so I guess that makes up for it a bit! By the way, 100k service may be a bit more of a shock. Adding in the cambelt change taks it to about $950AUD! DON'T not do it! Friends with an older Impreza Sportwagon have an almost bombproof car. Ditto my previous 91 Liberty GX (except the air springs) and this 99 Outback is looking the same.

Reply to
hippo