Anyone change H6 serpentine belt pulleys?

Evidently, the bearings on the idler and tensioner pulleys for the accessories drive belt (serpentine belt) on 3.0 H6es are prone to premature failure. I've done my reading on the subject (mostly here;

- but i have not found torque specs for thebolts to install the pulleys after I change the bearings. Justwondering if someone had that info handy.

Reply to
1 Lucky Texan

Got those bearings changed out Sat. morning. Went fairly well overall. The old bearings were noticeably rough feeling.

Reply to
1 Lucky Texan

I do not know if the H6 has changed over the years, but here is the pdf with the torque specs for the 2003 H6. Scroll down a couple of pages.

Hope it helps,

Good luck,

AS

ps: because I check the newsgroups randomly, if you need to contact me directly for info, do so at lexmia at juno dot com. Include SUBARU in the subject line so I know it is not spam.

1 Lucky Texan wrote:
Reply to
AS

Thanx, I will check the idler bolt for certain cause I may need to tweak it a little more.

The noise my wife heard is still intermittently occurring. After further reading/investigation, I suspect the Power Steering pump could be aspirating air past the o-ring in the suction hose so, I plan to tackle that next.

thanx

Reply to
1 Lucky Texan

I have uploaded the steering chapter for the 2003 OBW here:

Good luck,

AS

1 Lucky Texan wrote:
Reply to
AS

wow!

Thanx - I hope other readers appreciate your posting this data - very helpful!

Reply to
1 Lucky Texan

You are very welcome. Again, if you need info, you can also contact me at the email address I provided on my initial message on this thread

1 Lucky Texan wrote:

here:

AS