Australian MY01 Outback/Liberty OBD-II compliant?

Does anyone know for sure if Australian '01 Outabcks and Liberties are OBD-II compliant?

There's no sticker under the hood like North American vehicles but the connector exists under the steering wheel. Presumably where the dealer connects Subaru Select Monitor. I'd like to buy my own scanner to start diagnosing a few problems I've got but I've read a few blogs where people have bought OBD-II scanners and cannot get them working.

Thanks

Reply to
Daniel Thrombin

I doubt that one year (mine's an ought-ought)and USA vs AUS would make a difference. Mine's OBD-II.

The change from OBD-I to II was in the early 90's and some vehicles changed over on various years. A mechanic told me that if the connector fits, it *is* OBD-II. My mother's Ford Tempo was supposed to be OBD-I but got a running change(?) to OBD-II.

Reply to
nobody >

It doesn't matter. Go to

ed download a free dedicated software (Ecuexplorer) for all Subaru.It works with my 2000 European legacy tht is not OBD2 compliant.

Reply to
Steu851