exhuast smell on hills with 96 subaru legacy automatic 150k

I guess it is the cat converter smelling, but I am getting about 28mpg on road. Does that mean or sugest my fuel mix is okay and there is a problem with converter? and is okay to just let it go? thanks steve

Reply to
steve

Stick or auto? CEL on? Mileage and condition/history of vehicle. Description of smell.

Carl

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan