Groaning, binding noise when turning

Hey everybody, my 98 Forester is really shuddering and groaning when going through any kind of a turn. I know it's the center diff, because pulling the 4WD fuse fixes it. Anybody had this problem and know what it takes to fix it?

TIA, Paul Dent

Reply to
Paul Dent

My '90 Legacy had exactly the same problems as that, the dealer recomended fix (and it did work) was a run flush with a different AutoTrans Fluid ..Castrol TQ 95. Only thing is im not sure if you can get it in the US..

So i would suggest that the type and age of fluid can play a large part...

cheers Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Garth